Evernote has updated its Mac app with a Yosemite-inspired design. Now in version 6, Evernote also introduced a number of changes, including faster sync speeds, the ability to resize images and tables, better search, and fixes to over 500 bugs. The app is said to have been re-written from the ground up to make it faster and more reliable while adding more features.
Here are the new features that are introduced:
- Sleek new design inspired by OS X Yosemite.
- Tables can now be resized, and have configurable background colors and border styles.
- Images can be resized right in the note editor. Just click an image and drag the handle in the bottom right corner.
- Search results are now ordered by relevance.
- Faster notebook selector at the top of the note list remembers your recently used notebooks.
- Redesigned checkboxes in the note editor are easier to click.
- Evernote will now stay logged in by default.
- Search your notes with Spotlight.
- Send messages to share notes and discuss things you're working on without leaving Evernote.
Evernote also added a new premium context feature, which does the following:
- Context displays notes, articles, and people related to what you're working on.
- View related articles from The Wall Street Journal and other sources and related people from LinkedIn and your business.
Along with a new design, new features are also added to the Presentation Mode.
Overall, the update is a big one for Evernote users. If you're an Evernote user, be sure to check out the iOS app as well.
- Download now - Free