We're nearing the end of another week, which means it's time for a new free app of the week on the App Store. This week, rise and shine with a slap, flip, or shake with Wake Alarm Clock.
Wake Alarm Clock is, well, an alarm clock, and it functions just as you'd expect. The app brings a beautiful UI to the table, allowing you to easily set alarms by spinning a dial UI. The big draw to Wake, however, is its gesture-based interface, allowing you to select from three different gestures — shake, slap, or swipe — to shut the alarm off in the morning. The shake mode in particular looks like it would be great for heavy sleepers, as you have to shake the phone until a bar fills up before the alarm will switch off. Here's a quick look at everything you can expect out of Wake Alarm Clock:
- Simple gesture-based UI for setting and interacting with alarms
- Spin the dial to easily set alarms
- iTunes alarm support - wake up to your own audio every morning
- Create up to 8 repeatable alarms
- Swipe down to view alarms and pull down to switch them on/off
- Personalize with 12 exclusive built-in alarm sounds
- SLAP & FLIP mode transforms your iPhone into an old-school alarm clock using a virtual Snooze Button; SLAP to Snooze or FLIP your iPhone to turn off the alarm
- SHAKE mode forces you to physically shake your phone until the Shake Bar is filled up—the movement is sure to wake up your body while the sound wakes up your head.
- Choose from 3 difficulty settings in SHAKE mode
- Set recurring alarms for any day of the week
- Progressive alarm sounds that get louder gradually
- Visually stunning and perfect for iOS8
Wake Alarm Clock will be free on the App Store through October 15, so if you need to make waking up a tad more fun, hit up the link below to grab the app.
- Free - Download Now