Google has updated its Currents app for the iPhone and iPad to version 3.0, and in so doing it has changed its name from Currents to Google Play Newsstand. Google moved from Currents to Newsstand on Android late last year.
The app still offers users a way to access news articles, videos and audios from hundreds of media outlets, but it's just with a new name. There's also been some other new additions and changes to the app besides its branding. Here is a look at its change log:
- New navigation helping you easily access the articles and editions you love including:
- Read Now - Easily access articles you subscribe to and discover new articles and editions all in one place
- Topics - Subscribe and get news from topics you are most interested in
- My Library - All of your subscriptions will be found here
- A brand new design giving you a streamlined news reading experience
You can download Google Play Newsstand for iPhone and iPad right now from the App Store.
- Free - Download now