Healthy Desserts by Green Kitchen for iPhone and iPad review
Healthy Desserts by Green Kitchen is an iPhone and iPad app that features 48 desserts that use only natural sweeteners, healthy fats, and whole grains and fruits. The app is gorgeously designed and features mouthwatering photography that will make you dying to get in the kitchen to whip one of these up.
All of the recipes are displayed as photography in a grid. Tapping on one will bring up a gorgeous, full-screen, retina photograph and access to info about the item, the ingredients, and a step-by-step recipe.
The summary gives a description of the recipe, how long it will take, the number of portions, and mark whether it's raw, gluten free, began, whole grain, or uses natural sweeteners. In the ingredients lists, ingredient names are highlighted and when you tap them, a dictionary will appear with its definition.
Healthy Desserts is a universal app for iPhone and iPad and takes advantage of iCloud sync by keeping your favorites synced up between devices.
- Gorgeous photos
- Good variety of cookies, bars, muffins and smoothies
- 48 handpicked premium recipes
- A seamless switch from US to metric units
- Save your favorites so you can return to them quickly on any device
- Estimated cooking time for each recipe
- All recipes are marked if they are vegan, raw, gluten free, naturally sweetened or whole grain
- Step by step cooking instructions, tap on a step to mark it as completed
- Universal for iPhone and iPad
- Favorites sync between devices with iCloud
- Crashes somewhat frequently on iPhone
- No built-in shopping list. Can only email a list of ingredients (which can then be pasted into another app).
The bottom line
Healthy Desserts is a gorgeous cookbook filled with not-so-bad-for-you dessert choices. The mouthwatering photos do a great job of convincing you that these healthier options are still a delicious choice over something worse for you.
- $1.99 - Download now
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!