How to add all your social, email, and photo sharing accounts to OS X Mavericks
The Mac has been getting more social and OS X Mavericks is no exception. Not only can you now add your Twitter, Facebook, and email accounts, but Google, Flickr, LinkedIn, and more. OS X Mavericks refers to them as Internet Accounts. Not sure how to set get them linked up? Here's how!
- Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner of your Mac's screen.
- Now click on System Preferences.
- From the System Preferences pane, click on Internet Accounts.
- Click on the + sign in the lower left hand corner of the left side navigation in order to add a new account.
- Choose your account type in the right hand navigation.
- Enter your credentials when asked and then click Next.
- Depending on what kind of account you added, you may now be able to customize how your Mac interacts with this account. Once you do that, you're done!
That's all there is to it. Your account is now linked to your OS X Mavericks user account. You can delete it or edit it by returning to Internet Accounts any time you'd like. Keep in mind you may get notifications now through Notification Center. If you want to edit those, just hop into System Preferences > Notification Center from the Apple menu. You can then edit what kind of notifications each of your accounts will send to Notification Center.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!