Maps is new to OS X Mavericks but shares a lot of the same DNA as the iOS Maps app. That includes being able to obtain real time traffic information so you know what to expect once you're on the road. It can also help you decide what route to take. Here's how:
- Launch the Maps app on your Mac running OS X Mavericks.
- Towards the top left, click on Directions.
- Now type in the information for where you're traveling from and where you're going and hit Enter.
- Once you see directions on the screen, in the top menu bar, click on View
- Now click on View Traffic.
- You can now click on any of the road signs or zoom into problem areas in order to view more information.
That's all there is to it. Maps in Mavericks will now show you traffic information until you go to view again and tell it not to. It's useful information to take a look at before even selecting a route. Also, don't forget you can send directions right to your iPhone or iPad from your Mac as well!