Here's how to connect a newly-purchased (or gifted) Ecobee3 to your HomeKit network.
How to set up your Ecobee3 with HomeKit
- Open the Ecobee3 app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the Settings button in the upper right corner.
- Tap Add HomeKit-enabled Ecobee3.
- If you don't already have a HomeKit home set up, you'll be asked to create one now.
- The app will display all HomeKit-connected Ecobee3 thermostats. If you have more than one, you can tap Say hi to identify the right one. When you know which one you want to add, tap Add.
- On the Ecobee3 thermostat screen, the HomeKit code will appear. Scan it with your iOS device (or manually enter the code) to pair the two.
- On the thermostat, you'll see a "Paired with HomeKit" alert, along with a note about the disabling of Auto mode. Press OK to continue.
How to reset your Ecobee3 HomeKit connection
If your Ecobee3 thermostat has, for whatever reason, de-synced from HomeKit—or if it never got set up properly in the first place—you can reset your Ecobee3 HomeKit connection with fairly minimal trouble.
- Go to your Ecobee3 thermostat and tap on the Main Menu button (the three lines in the lower left corner).
- Scroll down to Settings and tap on it.
- Scroll down to Reset and tap on it.
- Tap on Reset HomeKit.
- After the warning, tap on the Yes button.
You can now follow the steps in the previous section and set up your thermostat once again with HomeKit. I'll note that this only resets the thermostat's HomeKit connection—it won't erase your entire HomeKit house. (To do that, you need to take a more thorough approach.)
Let us know in the comments.