Once you've gotten the 'live long and prosper' emoji onto your iPhone, the next step is getting it onto your Apple Watch!
The Apple Watch 1.0.1 update brings the Apple Watch into emoji parity with iOS 8.3 on the iPhone. That means it can display all the new diversity emoji sent from iOS devices, but can also send the default versions back. The Vulcan salute, however, isn't included in Apple's emoji keyboard. But if you've set up a text shortcut for it on your iPhone, you're only one step away from Messaging with it on your Apple Watch as well!
If you haven't set up a text shortcut for the LLAP emoji yet, do that first:
How to set up the LLAP Vulcan salute emoji as a default reply on your Apple Watch
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the My Watch tab.
- Tap on Messages.
- Tap on Default Replies.
- Choose a default reply you're okay with replacing.
- Enter your LLAP text shortcut.
- Choose the Vulcan salute emoji from the keyboard suggestions.
How to use the LLAP Vulcan salute emoji on your Apple Watch
- Tap Reply to reply to a message.
- Scroll down the list of default replies.
- Tap the LLAP emoji.
Now you'll be able to send the green-blooded, pointy-eared emoji as a reply to any message on your Apple Watch. Peace and long life!