iBooks Author 2.0 available in Mac App Store
iBooks Author, Apple book creation app for Mac, has gone 2.0 and is now available in the Mac App Store. It includes the ability to make portrait-only books, embed custom fonts, and more. As the resident math nerd, the most exciting new feature to me is support for creating mathematic expressions with LaTeX and MathML.
- Create new gorgeous portrait-only books
- Embed custom fonts into books for complete control over text appearance
- Add even more interactivity with new Scrolling Sidebar and Pop-Over widgets
- Support for mathematical expressions with new native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
- Automatic optimization of media for iPad
- Improved support for embedded audio, including the ability to play an audio file by tapping an image
- Improved publishing workflow, including automatic sample book creation and pre-publish checking
- Additional Apple-designed templates
- Version numbering for books
- Enhanced to take advantage of the Retina display on the new MacBook Pro
- Performance improvements
- Usability improvements
Have any of you written a book with iBooks Author, yet? Are you planning to? I started a math study guide a long time ago and never finished partly because of how tedious it was to add equations, but now that iBooks Author supports LaTeX, I just may finish that project soon rather than later!