Beamdog Studios, who previously released enhanced iPad versions of the classic PC Dungeons and Dragons RPGs Baldur's Gate I and II, is doing it again with another D&D-based game, Icewind Dale, which will be launched for the iPhone and iPad later in 2014.
Icewind Dale was first developed by Black Isle Studios and published by Interplay in 2000, using the Forgotten Realms setting in the D&D universe. Beamdog Studios is going back and making a lot of improvements for the new version, along with adding new content, which is why their game is titled Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition.
Here's a list of what's being added to the game:
- Six expanded quests, featuring content cut from the original game
- 60 new items
- Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions
- 31 new class and kit combinations from Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition, well as the half-orc playable race
- 122 new spells carried over from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
- Cross-platform multiplayer for up to six players
- A new "Story Mode" difficulty setting to allow players to experience all of the story with none of the Game Over screens
In addition the UI in the game has been improved with new Zoom capabilities and a Quickloot Bar. The game will be released for the PC, Mac, Linux and Android platforms as well. The price for the PC version will be $19.99 but there's no word on what the price will be for the iOS version.
Are you planning to play this improved version of Icewind Dale on your iPhone and iPad when it comes out?
Source: Icewind Dale