IFTTT (If This, Then That) has just launched three new apps for the iPhone and iPad, the Do Camera, Do Button and Do Note. These apps offer users a way to connect to a number of different online services via custom created conditional statements, or "recipes".
Each of these new IFTTT apps allows the use of up to three of these custom recipes at one time. For example, launching the Do Camera app could allow users to do the following after loading each recipe:
- Upload photos to a specific Facebook album in one tap
- Send your parents family-friendly pics over Gmail
- Quickly snap receipts and important documents to Evernote
The Do Button app can be used with recipes to perform tasks like:
- Quickly set your Nest Thermostat to 70 degrees Fahrenheit
- Keep track of your time and location in a Google Drive spreadsheet
- Turn on or off your Philips Hue lights with a tap
Finally, the Do Note app will allow users to add features like:
- Swiftly create events in Google Calendar
- Save short notes in Evernote on the fly
- Share a tweet on Twitter with just one tap
In addition, the main IFTTT app now has a new name: "IF". The company stated, "This rebranding kicks off an evolution for IFTTT from a company with a single service into a company with multiple products: Do and IF, with more on the way."