How to jailbreak iOS 4.3.2 via redsn0w 0.9.6rc14 (untethered)
Complete guide to Jailbreaking iPhone, iPod touch, and original iPad running iOS 4.3.2 with redsn0w
iOS 4.3.2 untethered jailbreak for iPhone, iPod touch, and original iPad is now live... and it's pretty much the same as the iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak so we're updating this post to get you going faster! The Dev-Team has used their hax0r magic to bring us yet another gift in the form of an untethered jailbreak! This jailbreak will require you to use redsn0w, which is available for both Windows and Mac OS X.
Important: iPad 2 is still not supported and unlockers need to steer clear until ultrasn0w is updated. If you've got a Verizon iPhone you'll want to check out our greenpois0n jailbreak guide for iOS 4.2.6 instead.
Hit the jump for a complete how-to!
What you need
- First, you will need to download redsn0w via the link above
- Next, you will need to go grab the appropriate iOS firmware for your device. (If you updated via iTunes, it'll be in your iTunes directory)
- Once you have downloaded the correct firmware and redsn0w, you are now ready to jailbreak.
- After you launch redsn0w, you will be asked to browse and choose the custom firmware you downloaded in the previous step.
- Next you'll choose to install Cydia and redsn0w will walk you through how to place your device in DFU mode. Just make sure you start this process with your device OFF.
- Let your device do its thing and you're done!
In our experience, we've noticed this jailbreak seemed a bit buggy on the original iPad.
For a complete walk-through, check out the video tutorial above. If you aren't sure whether or not you want to take a jump to the dark side, check out our complete jailbreak basics guide first!
Questions? Concerns? Did you encounter any problems during your jailbreak? Let us know in the comments or check out the TiPb jailbreak forum!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!