iPhone Analysts vs. Magic 8-Ball: Let's Rock Edition!
Welcome to iPhone Analysts vs. the Magic 8-Ball, where we take the often outlandish, sometime surreal predictions of iPhone analysts and pundits, blogeratti and the ‘net elite, and compare them to the potentially equally precise prognostications of a… magic 8-ball (running on an iPhone, of course!)
This edition rounds up some of the mountain of rumors piling up in advance of Tuesday's "Let's Rock" event. Let's get it on!
- Apple Insider/Shaw Wu: Will Apple's "Let's Rock" Event disappoint? Yes
- Apple Insider/Shaw Wu: Will Apple release new MacBooks (Pro/Air)? Very doubtful
- Apple Insider/Shaw Wu: Will Apple unveil a new Apple TV DVR? Ask again later
- Apple Insider/Shaw Wu: Will Apple unveil an iTablet/MacBook Touch? Very Doubtful
- iLounge: Is the thicker, more tapered iPod Touch for realz? Yes
- Ars Technica: Will iPhone 2.1 contain "secret" features? Don't count on it
- MacRumors/Kevin Rose: Is Magnetosphere the new, trippy iTunes Visualizer? It is certain
- Microsoft/Seinfeld: Will the new TV commercial help Vista? Very Doubtful
And for those still keeping score on the last round, the current standings are after the jump!
- Kevin Rose:
Apple Event on September 9th? "Very doubtful"KEVIN WINS!
- Kevin Rose: Firmware 2.1 debuting on sleeker iPod Touch? "Most likely"
- Kevin Rose: iTunes 8 with music recommendations? "Cannot predict now" (asked again...) Most likely
- Kevin Rose: New, candy-bar Nano with rounded widescreen? "It is certain"
- Kevin Rose: Massive iPod price drops across the line? "Don't count on it"
- Kevin Rose: Mac OS X with Blu-Ray? "Ask again later" (asked again...) "Ask again later"
- iDealsChina: GPS for the iPod Touch? "Cannot predict now" (asked again...) "Reply hazy"
Who's right? What's left?
We'll come back on Wednesday and see how the analysts fared, and if the 8-ball held it's own!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!