iPhone SIM Hack?
Wow. Just... wow. It's a mobilewhack day, apparently. They found this video of a person demoing a SonicSIM card 1.0, which shows a person doing some SIM hackery on a jailbroken iPhone. Their method involves cutting the gold parts of your normal SIM card and putting them into a different shell which you then put into your iPhone. It may or may not be legitimate, I don't really know and can't really tell. Here's why:
- I know nothing about SIM hacking.
- While I know nothing, I recall that some folks had luck reprogramming TurboSIM cards back in the day, which proved to be an efficient method of using the iPhone on a different carrier with a few caveats.
- but the TurboSIM method involved actually programming a SIM card
- They don't do themselves a favor by turning their instructional video into a demo of them playing SuperContra on the GameBoy emulator.
- It kind of sounds like it might be one of the guys from Gabe and Max.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!