The three apps in Apple's iWork for iPad collection, Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, received updates today. Common to all three is the following:
- Wireless printing with AirPrint using iOS 4.2, including page range selection, number of copies, and duplex printing.
- Support for iOS 4.2 multitasking.
- Localized in Portuguese, Danish, Finnish, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese.
- Improved reliability when importing iWork ’09 and Microsoft Office documents and spreadsheets.
- Improved usability.
- Fixed issues when using a WebDAV server, including signing out when a server is no longer accessible, saving port numbers in server addresses, and saving files with invalid characters in their names.
- Improved PDF export using iOS 4.2, which resolves an issue with missing fonts on Windows.
In addition, Pages has automatic pagination of tables that cross a page break. Numbers received print preview to adjust how a sheet prints across multiple pages, including Auto Fit, and PDF export takes advantage of pagination settings from print preview. Lastly, Keynote has an enhanced presenter display that shows the current slide, the next slide, or your notes when connected to an external display, and the ability to import existing and add new presenter notes to slides.
These are significant updates to the trio, particularly AirPrint wireless printing and support for iOS 4.2 multitasking. If you get a chance to try them out, let us know what you think!