How to Jailbreak iOS 4.1 via limera1n [Jailbreak]
Wondering how to Jailbreak your iOS 4.1 iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad? limera1n was updated to support Mac today and after testing, it's a pretty painless process. Pretty much what we've come to expect from Geohot. So here's your TiPb-style walkthrough. You PC users should be able to follow along relatively easily as well since both jailbreaks are pretty much identical in nature. We've also got tutorials on how to jailbreak iOS 4.1 withgreenpois0n as well as how to jailbreak iOS 4.1 with PwnageTool 4.1 as well. So feel free to pick your pois0n, er... ra1n.
But as usual, here's the standard disclaimer first:
If you are at all hesitant about jailbreaking or don't consider yourself an intermediate to advanced user, we recommend you pass this up. TiPb does not accept any responsibility for broken iOS devices (even though we'll be happy to try and help if you run into any problems along the way). If you're alright with all this, click on for a written, as well as a video walkthrough!
- Visit limera1n.com and download the Mac version (or the PC version if that applies to you)
- Plug in your iOS device (compatible versions: iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd and 4th generations, and iPad on iOS 3.2.2)
- Launch limera1n and simply click Make it ra1n
- limera1n will prompt you and walk you through putting your phone in DFU mode
- once in DFU mode, limera1n will jailbreak and reboot your device
- Once your reboot is done (you may have to turn your phone back on, it happened with one of mine) - simply click the limera1n icon and install Cydia.
Congrats! You're now jailbroken on iOS 4.1! If you guys have any questions, concerns, or just want to share cool tips and tricks with the rest of us, check out the TiPb Jailbreak Forums. Happy jailbreaking!