There's a new Kickstarter project that's sure to grab any traveler's attention. ComfortWay Travel Case is is a battery case for the iPhone that also promises to deliver worldwide cellular coverage through virtual SIM technology.
The ComfortWay Travel Case aims to support iPhone models from the 5 all the way through the 6 Plus. The goal of the case is to provide simple and affordable data roaming for those who do a lot of traveling, and it accomplishes this task through a virtual SIM coupled with ComfortWay's "cloud billing platform" that provides data roaming at in a $2 per day plan, or pay-as-you-go for 2 cents per MB.
As far as how the case works, ComfortWay says that all you have to do is snap your phone into the case when you arrive in a new country and tap "start internet" on its mobile app. From there, the virtual SIM will download SIM specs from local mobile operators and automatically select the network with the best data connection speeds.
Intrigued? Below you'll find a list of all of the case's advertised features:
- Mobile Internet speeds up to 42 Mbit/s on HSPA+ networks
- A 2400 mAh battery (provides 10+ additional hours for iPhone)
- Honest "pay-as-you-go" rates 2 cents per MB ($20 per GB) without monthly subscription, recurring fees or hidden charges
- International calls and text messages (from 2 cents per minute)
- Mobile Wi-Fi 'hotspot' for up to 10 simultaneous devices
- Real-time control over consumed data (via our free iOS app)
- Set up daily limits on data usage with notifications
- Add credits using Visa, MasterCard or PayPal via our secure app
- FREE Mobile Internet credits after booking a hotel, car or other travel arrangements through popular booking systems
If you fancy this project, you can head on over to the source link below to read more and support it via kickstarter.