How to manually update to iOS 6 beta 2 over-the-air (OTA)
Apple has just released iOS 6 beta 2 to developers and it's now available as both a download from Apple's developer portal, and an over-the-air (OTA) update directly on iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad devices.
If you're new to iOS development and this is your first beta update, it may not be immediately apparent how to initiate the OTA download.
Well rest easy, it's simple, fast, and efficient, and only takes a few minutes.
How to manually update to iOS 6 beta 2
- Launch the Settings app
- Tap General
- Tap Software Update
- If there's nothing new, you'll be told just so. Otherwise, you'll be presented with all the details about the update.
- Tap Download and Install
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions
- Watch the progress bar (This part depends on the speed and quality of connection. Don't be alarmed if it takes a long time, speeds up or slows down, or appears to jump around -- be patient.)
- Once it's finished downloading, you'll be prompted to instal (and restart) your device. If you don't explicitly hit Later or Install within a few seconds, it will install on your behalf.
- Apple will verify the install.
- And you're done!
For more on setting up a device PC-free and with iCloud, see our complete how to set up, back up, restore, and update using iCloud guide for more, and if you need any extra help, or need to trouble shoot, jump into our iOS 6 Forum.