Microsoft updates OneNote, now available in the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand
Microsoft has updated its popular OneNote application for the iPhone and iPod touch but more importantly, it is now available outside the US App Store. From today, OneNote will be available in the UK, Ireland, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Microsoft OneNote Mobile is an easy-to-use note-taking application for capturing all of your ideas and to-dos on the go, brought to you by Microsoft Office. With OneNote Mobile, create searchable notes with text, pictures, bullets, and checkboxes. Then keep your notes in sync using free Windows Live SkyDrive cloud storage to access, edit and manage them from virtually anywhere, from your PC or almost any web browser.
New features for current users:
- Search – find text in notebooks, sections and pages
- Pin recent notes – keep your favorite notes at the top of the Recently Viewed list
- Sync shared notebooks – if others have shared their notebooks with you on Windows Live SkyDrive, you can now sync them with your device and work on them together; just turn them on in the OneNote for iPhone Notebook Settings
- Choose the notebooks that sync to your phone and appear on the Home screen – you’ll find this useful when you have SkyDrive notebooks that you don’t want to sync or view from your phone
- Set image size for photos you insert – choose smaller image sizes for faster syncing or larger sizes for higher fidelity images
- A new color scheme that gives the app a lighter look and feel
The app is available free for a limited time and is designed for the iPhone and iPod touch. No iPad love unless you want to look at it in 2x mode! It only took six months for Microsoft to get this released outside the US, a few more months and we may even see Bing too!
[Free – iTunes link]