Microsoft has finally launched the iPhone version of its previously announced Xim app, which offers users a way to quickly share photos with others.
The app was released for the Windows Phone and Android platforms a couple of weeks ago but now it's available for iPhone users. Here's a quick look at the app, which comes from the Microsoft Research division:
- Stop huddling around one small screen – xim instead so everyone can see the images on their own device
- Xims swipe and zoom together, so everyone stays in sync automatically – it's fun too
- Only one person needs to have Xim installed in order for everyone to participate
- Invite people from your phone's contact list, via email or via phone number
- Choose photos from your camera roll, Instagram, Facebook, Dropbox, or OneDrive; mix and match easily from any of these sources
- When your friend gets the Xim app the fun really starts – they can add photos or people to the Xim and easily extend the conversation
- Xims only stick around for a little while so you can enjoy the moment with no storage or organization overhead
- Long press on a photo you like for additional options such as save photo*
- Xim is supported on many devices and web browsers, with more coming soon
- While Xims expire after a little while, Ximmers can choose to save ximmed photos or take a screenshot at any time.
What do you think of Xim now that it's finally available for the iPhone?
- Free - Download now