Looking out my window, it may be snowing, but spring is in the air! MLB.com just released their amazing At Bat app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad – that means Spring Training is upon us!
MLB.com At Bat is quite simply the best way to “get into the game” during Spring Training and during the regular season. I am a die hard Red Sox fan. During the regular season I use the At Bat app to follow each game live. I can see who is up, who is pitching and follow every pitch and every out of every game.
I can also follow other games in progress (I usually try to see if the Yankees are losing!) As the game progresses, video highlights will be posted. I can also listen to Game Day Audio from my local Boston station wherever I am.
Right now MLB is presenting live Spring Training baseball from the Grapefruit and Cactus Leagues, and they'll be putting out an update with additional features before Opening Day.
As always, what you get to see depends on what you pay for.
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers can watch live video of over 150 Spring Training games
- MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat 12 for free
- Listen to available radio broadcasts of Spring Training games
- Follow batter-by-batter action for every Spring Training game
- Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
- Customize At Bat's home screen to feature your designated favorite team
- Enhanced video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword
It's a universal app for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, and it's available now.