Monoprice has announced a new line of USB-C cables and adapter accessories designed for Apple's new MacBook and other USB-C devices.
The new cables from Monoprice offer USB-C connections for USB 2.0, 3.0, and 3.1, and they'll let you use almost any USB accessory through the single USB-C port on your new MacBook. The current lineup of USB-C products can be found below, and Monoprice plans to release more accessories in the line soon:
- 3.1 USB-C to USB-C Cable – connect and charge between two USB-C ports ($24.99)
- 2.0 USB-C to USB-A Cable – connect and charge between the new USB-C port and an existing USB-A 2.0 port ($9.99)
- USB-C to USB 3.0 A/F – enables USB 3.0 A to connect to a USB-C port ($11.99)
- USB-C to DisplayPort Cable – connect a USB-C device to a high resolution display via DisplayPort ($34.99)
- USB-C to HDMI® Adapter – connect to a high resolution HDMI display via USB-C ($34.99)
Monoprice's options are certainly less costly alternatives to Apple's own adapters (and are complete cables), particularly for those that need to connect only a few devices. Belkin has also recently announced a lineup of USB-C cables and adapters, and other companies have started announcing accessories like USB-C portable hard drives.