Moog has launched the Model 15 app, which brings a full-fledged Model 15 synthesizer — which used to retail for $10,000 — to your iPad. The [$30 app]( is a digital recreation of the legendary synthesizer, featuring rows and rows of knobs, switches, and buttons; along with oscillators, low/high pass filters, looping recorder, ping-pong delay module, MIDI input, and patch cables, all designed to give you the ability to create stellar beats.
There's also a "1150 ribbon controller, 8-step sequencing arpeggiator and the award-winning Animoog keyboard with 22 built-in scales and polyphonic modulation capabilities." Here's what's on offer with the Model 15 app:
- Ships with over 160 unique presets
- Recreates the sound of a hardware Moog Model 15 modular synthesizer
- Intuitive patching and cable coloring
- Support for landscape and portrait modes
- Voltage-controlled stereo ping-pong delay
- Expressive sequencing arpeggiator
- Moog 1150 Ribbon controller
- Real-time looping recorder with overdub and immediate sharing
The Model 15 app is built using Apple's Metal low-level API, and as such it works on 64-bit iOS devices, including the iPhone 5s or newer, as well as the iPad Air or newer. Given the feature-set on offer though, it makes sense to use the app on an iPad or the iPad Pro.
- $29.99 -Download Now