NYTimes still isn't a universal app, but the two do share the same changelog with today's update. The NYTimes app for iPhone is now at version 4.5, while the NYTimes app for iPad is at version 3.5.
Here's what's new:
- The world's finest journalism is now ready for iOS 8.
- The latest news is just a swipe away. Add the New York Times widget in Notification Center for instant access to headlines.
- Start your day with the morning briefing, a tip sheet compiled by Times journalists. Available weekdays at 6 a.m. Eastern in Top Stories.
- Instantly read or share breaking news with interactive notifications. (Make sure notifications are enabled for NYTimes in the Settings app.)
- Start reading an article on one device and pick it up on another with Handoff.
- Content is now updated more frequently in the background, giving you access to news faster.
- Quickly retrieve recent articles in the Recently Viewed section.
- Ready for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. Enjoy crisp, high-resolution photography and all of the extra space on your Retina HD screen
- Bug fixes and refinements for speed and stability, with more in the works.
On iOS 8? Grab these two new apps and let us know what you think!