Gameloft has just released N.O.V.A. 2 for iPhone and iPod touch, the sequel to it's smash hit first-person shooter (FPS) N.O.V.A. If you are unfamiliar with the N.O.V.A. game it is Gameloft's take on the ever popular HALO genre. You play as an elite military soldier who is responsible for fending off an alien invasion. N.O.V.A. 2 is set 6 years after the ending of the original N.O.V.A.. The game includes an intense single player campaign as well as multiplayer brawls for you to eliminate opposing players.
N.O.V.A. 2 has some very welcomed updates which include:
- Meet new enemies with improved AI! Volterites’ new tactics make the gyroscope controls ideal
- Master a larger range of weapons & powers
- Much more diversified gameplay: run, shoot, fall, drive a motorbike, pilot a giant mech, and blast a laser
- The more, the merrier, now with up to 10 players in 10 multiplayer maps
- Build a career and rise through the multiplayer leaderboard
- Explore new locations, offering amazing graphics, fully optimized for the Retina display
- Enjoyed the first N.O.V.A. – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance? Be rewarded with extra bonuses.
If you are like many of us and played the original N.O.V.A. you will start N.O.V.A. 2 multiplayer with advanced XP which allow you access to advanced weapons and an unlocked special achievement on Gameloft Live! This seems to be a nice little bonus for those hardcore players that spent a lot of their time playing the original game.
So if you are a diehard N.O.V.A. player go grab the next episode and get your game on! If you are new to this series and decide to see what all the fuss is about let us know what you think.
[ $9.99 - iTunes Link ]