Wikipedia has released a redesigned and updated app for iOS that brings with it a number of improvements, including a speedier experience while researching topics on the go. The re-designed official app also brings with it a cleaner UI to make content the highlight of the experience.
In addition to a cleaner interface and a faster experience, users can now contribute to the online encyclopedia by being able to edit on the go.
Here are some of the features that are enabled with the app:
- Speed – Our new native app allows users to browse and edit Wikipedia faster than ever before on mobile devices.
- Editing – You can edit Wikipedia on the app! Logged in or logged out, we thank everyone for their contributions to the sum of human knowledge.
- Recent pages – We provide readers with a reading history, tap as many links as you like without ever getting lost.
- Saved pages – Save select pages for offline reading and browse them on a plane trip, on the road, or anywhere without an Internet connection.
- Language support – The app allows seamless transition to reading Wikipedia written in another language.
- Wikipedia Zero – We've partnered with mobile network operators around the world to provide Wikipedia free of data charges to users in many developing and emerging economies.
Have you used the new app yet? Let us know what you think.
- Free - Download now