Looks like Pokémon Go is officially opening up to more countries — but there's a catch.
One point of contention for Pokémon Go players has been the game's regional restrictions — if you want to play outside of an officially supported country, you need to switch your App Store region. Thankfully, it looks like the game is opening up to more countries, starting in Germany.
German Android users were able to download the game from Google Play as of this morning, however there's no sign of an official appearance on the App Store just yet. Nevertheless, with the Android launch already underway in Germany it should only be a matter of time before it's officially out for German iPhone owners.
In the meantime, be sure to hit up our guide to playing Pokémon Go outside an officially supported country, and remember it's pretty easy to download it even if your local App Store doesn't yet have it.
Seeing Pokémon Go in your local App Store for the first time this morning? Shout out in the comments and let us know!
- Pokemon Go beginner's guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- Pokémon Go parents guide: Keep your kids safe!
- How to change your Pokémon Go trainer avatar
- How to track nearby Pokémon
- Where to find different types of Pokémon
- How to catch Pokémon
- How to evolve and level up Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum