Do you have a favorite Pokémon that you'd love to have by your side while you play Pokémon Go? Buddy Pokémon are on their way and are bringing Candy with them!
Niantic Labs has announced an update coming "just around the corner" to Pokémon Go that will change the way you take your daily PokéWalk. Soon, we'll be able to pick a pocket monster to be our Buddy Pokémon. The Buddy Pokémon will be on display next to your avatar to remind you that you are not alone.
That's not all.
The Pokémon you choose to be your Buddy will also provide in-game rewards. One reward specifically noted by Niantic is that Buddy Pokémon will generate Candies when you walk.
That means you'll finally get an opportunity to evolve even the rarest Pokémon you've caught. You can also change your Buddy Pokémon at any time, which means you have more opportunities to catch 'em all.
There are other in-game rewards and bonuses expected with the update, though Niantic is keeping hush-hush about what those are.
There is no official information about when the update will be released, but Niantic notes they've got "a lot more in the works this fall."
Stay tuned to iMore for all your Pokémon Go news and information!
- Pokemon Go beginner's guide
- Pokémon Go tips, tricks, and cheats
- Pokémon Go parents guide: Keep your kids safe!
- How to change your Pokémon Go trainer avatar
- How to track nearby Pokémon
- Where to find different types of Pokémon
- How to catch Pokémon
- How to evolve and level up Pokémon
- How to win gym battles and earn coins
- How to be lazy and play on the couch
- How to fix crashes and server errors
- Pokemon Go help and discussion forum