Meebo IM for iPhone and iPod touch
It's been a long time coming, but instant messaging client, Meebo, [iTunes Link - Free] has finally made it into the App Store. The last time TiPb mentioned Meebo was back in 2008 when Chad reviewed their web app. Since then, several other IM apps have become popular. What does Meembo have to offer?
- Push notifications even when the app is closed
- Stay connected as you move from Edge to 3G to WiFi
- Meebo's proven multi-network access protocols
- Automatically reconnect if you lose coverage so you don't miss a message
- Swipe to switch between multiple conversations
- Rotate for landscape mode and a wider keyboard.
- Message preview from the Chats List
- Full Meebo emoticon support
- Searchable Chat History
- Sort chats by most recent or full view
- Support for all the major IM networks, and many more
We've been using Meebo for about a week now and it is a very good effort for a 1.0 release. You can really tell the app was optimized for speed, simplicity, and performance as claimed. While the UI could use a little work, it does have all of the bells and whistles imaginable to compete with with the current crop of IM client top contenders.
Screenshots after the break!