Today the London based company, Shazam, announced the launch of its new Shazam Encore [$4.99 - iTunes Link] app on the App Store. The original Shazam is a free app that currently has over 10 million downloads so why not try to cash in with a new app that costs $4.99. Here is what you get for your money.
- Improved speed performance: making it even quicker for users to tag tracks and learn more about their music.
- Music recommendations: users can discover other music similar to the track that's been tagged to enhance their music collection and knowledge.
- Find what's hot and popular: Shazam music charts generated by millions of other Shazamers can be accessed to help users keep up to date with the new tracks and players in the music scene.
- Search music: easily find music by artist, album or track from over 8 million songs.
- Drive and Tag: Shazam automatically enters into car mode when the iPhone is placed in an in-car dock to make it simple to discover what's playing on the radio even when driving.
Okay, so they've added some nice new features, but are those features worth $4.99? Let us know what you think.