Quick App Update: PushMail 2.0 Email Push Notification for iPhone
PushMail [$2.99 - iTunes link] has just gone 2.0. For those unfamiliar with PushMail, its a middleapp that creates an account for you to forward email, and when it's alerted to that new email, it sends out a push notification to your iPhone. New features this time around include:
- 25 sound options
- Set silent periods (e.g. during the time you typically sleep)
- History, to view past notifications
- Customize notifications (choose what info you want to display, and what you want to keep private).
- View button to open message in PushMail, Mail, or Safari
- Configuration help and trouble-shooting
- Profiles to let you override certain settings based on specific criteria. (e.g. don't push any email from the mother-in-law!)
Both the history and the profiles options sound terrific. For those who want GoogleSync-style push Gmail but are already using their only ActiveSync slot for Exchange, this is another option.
If you try it out, let us know what you think!
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!