Real Racing 3 update adds Ferraris, a new circuit and more!
EA has pushed out another impressive update to its equally impressive iOS racer, Real Racing 3, that for the first time brings cars from Ferrari into the mix. Not just any Ferraris either, but the F12 berlinetta, the FF and my own personal favorite, the 458 Italia. It's not just new cars either, the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona has been added too, along with a whole lot more. The full changelog:
- New Cars – for the first time in Real Racing, get behind the wheel of magnificent Ferrari vehicles: the FF, the 458 Italia, and the V12-powered F12berlinetta
- New Track – experience the sweeping turns and blistering straights of Spain’s famous Circuit de Catalunya
- Time Trial Ghost Challenges – learn from the best, compete with Friends and start new racing rivalries
- Meet The Crew – hire Crew Members to earn R$, Fame, and Servicing bonuses
- AI Improvements – better collision avoidance and faster times through the first corner
- HUD Customisation – tweak new settings to personalise your racing experience
- Lap and Sector Times – precise performance comparison
Further AI improvements are something I've personally been gnashing my teeth for, especially in the first corner. It's the toughest corner of any race to navigate safely, but I have found that all too often you just get mowed out of the way. Meet the crew sounds intresting as well, but I'll hold judgment until I've had time to put it to use. Mainly though, I'm excited for those Ferraris, when I can use them.
The update is live in the App Store now, so go ahead and snag it at the link below. It's still my favorite racing game right now, but how's it faring for you?
- Free - Download Now