Apple has opened registration for this year's Hour of Code workshops at its retail stores. In support of Code.org, Apple will host free workshops at its stores on December 10, open to kids ages six and up, that teach the basics of computer programming. Each workshop lasts one hour.
Computer Science Education Week is December 7–13. We're supporting Code.org by hosting workshops and other special events for kids ages six and up at your local Apple Store. Join us on December 10 for the Hour of Code, a free one-hour introduction to the basics of computer programming.
As part of the Hour of Code, Apple will also be hosting organizations and developers at select stores around the world. Guests will appear at Apple Stores in the following locations.
- Hadi Partovi, Code.org - SoHo, New York
- Koji Sugiyama, LoiLo Inc. - Ginza, Tokyo
- Grant Hosford, codeSpark - San Francisco
- Andy Sum, Crossy Road - Sydney Australia
- Jacqueline Rossi, J's Flashcards - Brussels
- Danny Yaroslavski, Lightbot - Lincoln Park, Chicago
You can register your child for the Hour of Code at the link below. You can also read more about what to expect with the Hour of Code by checking out our thoughts on last year's workshops.