Remember 9/11 with The 911 Memorial: Past, Present and Future for iPad
In remembrance of ten years since the 9/11 attacks, Magnify Media has released The 911 Memorial: Past, Present and Future for the iPad.
Every American with an iPad should download this app. I can't believe it's been ten years since that tragic day. Watching the videos again bring back that moment when I learned that a plane crashed into the World Trade Center.
Explore the construction of the Twin Towers. View videos of the site long before 9/11. Connect with the the day of 9/11/01 as it unfolds. And then, get an insider's view of "Reflecting Absence" Architect Michael Arad's powerful Memorial Plaza and twin Pools.
- Exclusive interview with the creator of the Memorial, along with his sketches and photographs.
- More than 40 videos, over an hour of original content, site tours, museum updates, and animations.
- Over 400 high-resolution photographs, including large artifacts at Hanger 17, rare site construction images, and the landscaping of an urban forest with 400 white swamp oak trees.
- Links to share, post, and connect with the National September 11th Memorial Museum site.
- An interactive timeline from 2001 - updated as construction continues.
- Never before seen video of the attacks on The World Trade Center.
Where were you when you learned of the attack? I walked into my 7a high school honor's chemistry class to a silenced classroom listening to the radio. The rest of the school day was spent watching the news and discussing the attacks.
The 911 Memorial: Past, Present and Future is available on the iPad for free.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.