Midnight Star, the free-to-play sci-fi first person shooter from developer Industrial Toys, is now available to download for the iPhone and iPad worldwide. The game got a soft launch in a few countries starting in July before today's wider release.
Industrial Toys was founded by Alex Seropian, who previously was a co-founder of Bungie, the creators of the Halo first person shooter series. Here's a summary of the game and its features:
Set 120 years into our future, Midnight Star takes players aboard the MSRV-Joplin, a research vessel newly outfitted with military weaponry to explore a mysterious signal coming from within our Solar System. When disaster strikes, they're transported across the universe to take part in an epic war whose outcome will determine the fate of humanity. As 2nd Lt. Charles Campbell, players will encounter deep space, a strange alien landscape and a war that has long since been lost. Using the clues left to him, the crew that supports him, and a TON of awesome guns, Charlie must develop from modest exocommunications specialist to the one human being left with the chops to take down the bad guys!
- MASTER the most dizzyingly intense action shooter for mobile devices ever!
- UPGRADE everything - guns, skills, your ship, even your luck!
- UNCOVER ancient races whose fates are woven together with ours!
- LOSE your mind as you experience stunning graphics from the Unreal Engine!
- COMPETE with players worldwide in multiplayer Challenges and open Events!
- WIN TROPHIES that transfer from P2P daily, weekly and monthly!
- Free with IAP - Download now