Seas0nPass jailbreak updated for Apple TV 4.4.4, now untethered
If you've been hanging onto older software on your Apple TV 2 for fear of losing your Jailbreak or simply not wanting a tethered solution, then the day has come where you no longer need to worry about that. The fine folks from Firecore have updated Seas0nPass to make use of @pod2g's latest work and as such -- now have a untethered jailbreak of the latest 4.4.4 (iOS 5.0.1) AppleTV software. As a reminder, here is what's new with the 4.4.4 update:
- AirPlay Mirroring: Now with video mirroring – wirelessly stream what’s on your iPad 2 screen to your HDTV.
- Photo Stream: View photos recently taken on your iOS device and pushed to your Photo Stream in iCloud.
- Trailers: A whole new way to browse and view hundreds of the latest theatrical trailers.
- National Hockey League: Watch live games. View highlights, scores, and more.
- Wall Street Journal Live: Watch up-to-date news, business commentary, and financial analysis from leading experts.
- Audio output: Addresses an issue in which audio may not play through the optical port when the TV is turned off.
- Netflix: Added support for Netflix in Mexico and Latin America.
- Stability and performance: version 4.4.4 includes general performance and stability improvements, including a fix for an issue that displayed an error when playing some video content.
If you're already running the tethered version of Seas0nPass, you will need to re-jailbreak in order to take advantage of the untether. But as always, Firecore has released Seas0nPass for free so all it requires is a few minutes of your time. Hit the source link below for the full details, and download of the latest Seas0nPass.