A companion to the recently released PC-Mac game Civilization: Beyond Earth, Sid Meier's Starships gives the player the power to create and build their space fleet in order to explore the universe. Here's the quick summary of the game.
- Tactical Space Combat: Encounter unique tactical challenges in every mission, with dynamically generated maps, victory conditions, and foes.
- Fully Customizable Starships: Create an armada that fits your tactical plan with modular spaceship design.
- Diplomacy, Strategy, and Exploration: Expand the influence of your Federation and gain the trust of the citizens of new planets. Use the unique abilities of the each planet to enhance your fleet and Federation, and keep your opponents in check. Build improvements on worlds to increase the capabilities and resources of your Federation.
- A Galaxy Of Adventure: Explore the galaxy as you lead your fleet to distant worlds and complete missions to help the citizens of these planets. Fight pirates, protect colony ships, destroy rogue AI, and more.
- Multiple Paths To Victory: Will you win by conquering the greatest threat to the galaxy? Or will you unite a plurality of worlds in your Federation? Perhaps you will lead your people to push the frontiers of science. Each choice you make carries consequences on your path to victory.
While the iPad version of the game is available now, the Mac version should go live on Steam sometime later today