Sideways for iPad by Bjango now in App Store [Update: give away]
Bjango's new racing game for iPad, Sideways, is now available in the App Store. Harkening back to the top-view racers of classic arcades, it keeps the same great emphasis on gameplay but puts the pedal to the metal on gorgeous graphics, immersive sound, and multi-touch iPad controls.
- 9 full race tracks, plus training track and credits track.
- Up to 10 cars on track at once.
- 3 game modes: League, Knockout and Time Trial.
- Nitro boosts, destructive pick-ups and… well… lots of carnage.
- Silky smooth 60fps graphics on iPad 1 and iPad 2.
- Extra goodness and fully anti-aliased graphics on iPad 2.
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements.
- Use left and right buttons or swiping to steer.
- Left and right handed controls.
The controls in Sideways, both tap and swipe versions, can take a lap or two -- or in my case race or two -- to get used to but after that, every drift, dodge, and drive, never mind corner, collision, and crash you get into is loads of fun. I had the pleasure of beta testing Sideways for the last couple of weeks, and while I'm so bad at racing games I sometimes wonder how I'm allowed to drive a real car, I enjoyed it thoroughly.
Bjango's Marc Edwards was kind enough to talk to us about Sideways on the iPad Live podcast last night, which is already available (http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/tipb-ipad-live/id371959656) and will be up here on the site later today. Go grab the game, then go listen to us talk about it!
UPDATE: Bjango was kind enough to give us some promo codes to give away. Want Sideways for free? Just head on over to Twitter and re-tweet this:
Want a Sideways promo code? Follow @Bjango @TiPb and RT to enter! http://t.co/0003YUF
We'll pick a bunch of you tomorrow and DM you codes.
Video and screenshots after the break!
[$1.99 on sale - iTunes link]