There's a new virtual personal assistant in town and her name Evi. Created by True Knowledge and running Nuance’s voice recognition technology, Evi is going to give Siri a run for her money - once the servers aren't slammed, that is.
I've been trying to use Evi all day, but keep getting server errors, but I'm not giving up hope. Apple's servers for Siri were also having issues when the iPhone 4S was released due to heavy traffic, but now works like a charm. Once the servers aren't so busy, we'll be sure to put Siri and Evi up against each other and share the results!
Phil over at Android Central gave Evi for Android a try as well,
- $0.99 for iPhone - App Store link
Unlike a search engine, which simply looks for matching words and shows you a list of websites, Evi understands what you want to know and gives back exactly what you're after.
Need to know where the nearest bank is? Not a problem. Going out for dinner but can't decide where? She can help with that too. The more you ask, the more she will learn, and thus she is improving all the time.
- Voice or text input - Chat to Evi in plain English and she will understand
- Local information for UK and USA - Shopping, news, dining and more. Evi knows where you are and gives answers based on your location
- One tap words - Allowing you to build your question super-fast
- Built in browser - No need to swap to a different browser, view web links within Evi's app
- A learning and adapting intelligence - Rate Evi’s answers to help her learn more about the world
- More than a search engine - Evi takes the searching out of search, able to review and compare nearly a billion facts from her database to give you exactly what you need
Evi is available on the iPhone for $0.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on iMore? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.