Skype for iPhone has received an update, and with it, bring Bluetooth support as well as a new UI, enhanced video, and ads for those who do not have Skype credit.
Call, video call and instant message anyone else on Skype for free with Skype for your iPhone or iPod touch.
- Share moments over free* video calls with front and rear-facing cameras: Enjoy video calls with Skype contacts on, iPhone, iPod touch or iPad, compatible mobiles, PCs, Macs or Skype-enabled TVs.
- Call Skype-to-Skype, wherever you are: Call Skype contacts for free on 3G* or Wi-Fi.
- Save on calls to Contacts or any phone number: Text and call phones anywhere with Skype Credit. It’s especially good value to international numbers.
- Send free* instant messages for an instant response: Message friends, wherever, and whenever the mood strikes.
- Near CD quality sound for Skype-to-Skype calls: Enjoy wideband audio (SILK codec) on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad and 2nd & 3rd generation iPod touch.
- Bluetooth support for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 4th Generation, and iPad 2
- Incoming emoticons; outgoing emoticons displayed when entered in text form
- Enhanced video through image stabilization
- New easy-to-use interface
- Advertising will be shown to users that do not have Skype Credit, a calling subscription or premium subscription
- Bugfix for security vulnerability
Skype is available on the iPhone for free.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.