Smartr Contacts for iPhone is now available on iTunes after having had great success on both the BlackBerry and Android platforms. The company behind Smart Contacts, Xobni -- has not only managed to re-imagine their app for iOS devices but they've done so in a way that makes the native iOS address book look like a disaster.
If you're a GMail or Outlook user, Smartr Contacts could be just the contact management solution you are looking for. Rather than just creating a directory of contacts for you, which you then have to meticulously edit - Smartr Contacts builds profiles for those you are in contact with and orders however you wish, although the ideal situation is to have them ordered by importance. A quick rundown of the features:
- Automatic Address Book - Imagine having an address book that automatically identifies and maintains the names and contact information for everyone you communicate with.
- Smart Contact Discovery - Enabled by the Smartr Cloud, contacts are automatically discovered from email data (currently GMail or Outlook), as well as data from social networks.
- Rich Profiles - A complete profile is created for each contact, including a photo, job title, phone numbers, company details, email history, common contacts and info from Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Robust Search - Search by name, initials, company, title, email, phone and more to make finding anyone fast and easy.
- Ranked by Importance - All contacts are ranked by importance, not alphabetically, so the most important people are at the top.
Having been a Xobni / Smartr Contacts user across the various platforms they offer, including their desktop solutions - I have no problem in suggesting this app to anyone wishing to get a better handle on their contact management.
The iOS version is available now in the iTunes app store for free. You can view some screenshots past the break or check out the source link for the full release announcement.
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]