Spark, the smart, fast new email app from Readdle, has hit version 1.0.1, bringing new features and major improvements. The app has also dropped a couple of features, including Read Receipts, which got mixed reviews from users.
New to the app is the "Edit" mode, which lets you delete or archive emails in bulk by tapping and holding on a message in your list to activate the mode. The trash and spam folder have also made it easier to manage multiple emails at once, adding "Delete all" buttons. The app now also supports URL schemes.
Check out all of the new features and improvements in the list below:
- New: "Edit mode" allows you to delete and archive emails in bulk. Just tap and hold on the email in the list to activate it.
- New: "Delete all" button for Trash and Spam folders. Empty your Trash with just one tap.
- New: You now can disable "Load remote images" to protect your privacy and save data usage.
New: readdle-spark:// URL scheme for use in other apps
Improved: The Icon Badge now works better in background.
- Improved: Battery usage has been greatly optimised.
Improved: Added Support for more custom IMAP accounts.
Fixed: authorization issues for iCloud email accounts.
- Fixed: email draft created with Spark sharing extension not being saved.
- Fixed: email synchronization issues.
- Fixed: an issue that was asking you to log in into an already added account.
- Fixed: Reduced the number of times you see Spark splash screen while launching the app.
- Fixed: more than 30 other issues.
Spark has also removed Exchange from the account type list, though not to worry, this is only an interface change. You can still add your Exchange account using the "Other" option during account setup.
You can find Spark 1.0.1 right now on the App Store.
- Free - Download Now