Starwood hotels across the globe will allow members of its Starwood Preferred Guest program to check in, check out, and more with their Apple Watch
In addition to checking in and out, an SPG member can use their Apple Watch to unlock their room at over 100 Starwood hotels, a feature which was first announced in November 2014. The watch app will also provide information like your room number, confirmation number and directions to your hotel. Here are the features you'll find in Starwood's Apple Watch app:
- Navigate like a Native: Leveraging state-aware technology, guests receive the hotel address and directions in both the default and the local language upon arrival in their destination city. Throughout a guest's stay, the app shares transportation options including estimated costs.
- Hassle-Free Check-in: Reservation details and confirmation number are front and center, ensuring a smooth check-in.
- Unlock Your Stay: After registering for SPG Keyless, the Apple Watch will automatically send guests their room number and will function as their hotel room key at any SPG Keyless enabled Starwood hotel allowing guests to bypass the front desk (where available).
- See into the Future: The app will display the hotel name, photo, and stay dates for up to four upcoming Starwood stays.
- Track Your Status: Members can access their SPG account information, receive alerts about newly posted Starpoints, and get congratulated when they graduate to elevated statuses
- You're Speaking My Language: Currently available in English, the SPG App for Apple Watch will feature Chinese, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
You can grab Starwood's SPG app from the App Store now.
- Free - Download Now
Source: Business Wire