Wordpress has updated their iOS app to version 2.9. The app now comes with a row above the keyboard with a number of rich-text and formatting options, including the ability to insert links and a new fullscreen editing mode.
It's easy to manage your WordPress blog or site from your iOS device. With WordPress for iOS, you can moderate comments, create or edit posts and pages, and add images or videos with ease. All you need is a WordPress.com blog or a self-hosted WordPress.org site running 2.9.2 or higher.
- A Feature-Rich Content Editor. Now you can easily format text, make bulleted lists, create links, and do all kinds of other fancy stuff. (It’s about time, right?)
- Full Screen Editing. No more teeny-weeny content editor — now you can view more text at a time while you post on the go.
- Reading Made Easy. Keeping track of your favorite blogs has never been easier. Browse all the latest posts on blogs you follow in one place, right from your iPhone.
- Quick Photo will now use the post format for images (if your theme supports it).
- You can now post pictures that you’ve already taken with Quick Photo.
- Your stats referrer links and comment links can now be opened right from this app.
I won't be using the new features too much, as I like to use Markdown for Mail on my iPad for the right formatting whenever I blog on-the-go, but I'm sure many bloggers using WordPress will welcome this update with open arms. Wordpress has lacked many of the features most bloggers see as a necessity in their iOS app until this update, so go grab it and start playing around!
Wordpress for iOS is available for free on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Free - App Store Link
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at [email protected], tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.