Activision's first person shooter hit, Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies is taking advantage of in-app purchasing with a new map - Verrückt (Zombie Asylum).
This new map will run you an additional $4.99, added to the app's original price of $9.99. (Full disclosure: Activation was nice enough cover the cost for TiPb's test-drive of both the app and the new map). Price aside, it does not disappoint. Zombie Verrückt has been brought over pretty much exactly from console versions, electric barriers and all.
Also worth mentioning are the slew of impovements the recent free 1.2.0 update to the game brought to the table.
- Verrückt Map Now Available; Support for In-App Purchases of downloadable maps
- 9 New Weapons including FG-42, Gewehr-43, PPsh-41, M1 Garand, and the Springfield
- 13 New Achievements for Nacht der Untoten and 10 New Achievements for the new Verrückt map
- Overall game engine optimizations for a smoother, richer gameplay experience
- Leaderboard Enhancements to track Highest Wave Reached, Points Scored, Kills, and Headshots
- Control Tweaks to Touch Screen & Dual Stick configurations with Options to adjust controls based on user preferences
- Tutorial adjustments to allow for experimentation of control schemes before game start
- Multiplayer Point Display to track your comrades’ in-game progression
- Improved Network Reliability
- More connection types will be able to support online multiplayer; UPnP support to address players with Wi-Fi routers that block players’ ability to connect to MP
- Support for French localized text
This game is one heck of an experience for you to check out on your iPhone or iPod touch. If you find yourself still on the fence we highly recomend that you at least try the lite version for free. [iTunes Link] Sure you only get to play a few rounds but everything else is there including multiplayer.
We're also curious to know what you think about the price point. Is $9.99 for the full version plus an additional $4.99 for a single new map still cheap compared to console games, or does it deter you at all? Are you willing to pay a premium for premium games? Let us know in the comments, and we'
A few screenshots after the break!