Live at CES 2012, accessory maker Incipio showed us their new lineup of iPhone cases, including their first cases made of recycled materials.
- Code is a three part case that includes interchangeable, shock absorbing, translucent hexagram inserts for extra shock-absorbing power.
- Le Deux has a padded aluminum backplate that provides a subtle, simple design with interter-changable parts for a customized look.
- Kross incorporates a mechanical shock-absorbing design and a Santoprene center to provide extra protection against drops and impact.
- Specialist is also shock absorbing and ready for rugged use, but is slimmer and sleeker for those who want easier portability.
- Eco Case is the traditional Silicrylic design with a new, environmentally friendly bio-plastics and recycled plastics materials.
- Hive Response brings the honeycomb look and extra-grip feel of Incipio's iPad and iPod line to the iPhone in a variety of fun colors.
Again, we're seeing case makers trying to figure out what they can do now that protection is covered and differentiation is the key.