Geom-e-Tree is a great geometry app that creates fractals-like trees and has been updated with new themes.
Create an infinite number of fractal-like trees with a few simple gestures. Surprise yourself and friends with the variety and complexity of the patterns you discover just by changing the number, angle, and the common ratio of your tree's branches. It's math and it's art - and it's totally captivating.
- Touch the screen to make your tree grow and change.
- Watch your tree morph in real time.
- Increase the number of branches for fuller trees.
- Lengthen or shorten the branches to make the canopy change shape.
- Spread the branches up to 359 degrees for kaleidoscopic patterns.
- Choose from 20 serious, zany, colorful themes.
- Explore the many levels of this geometric landscape on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad!
We've added rainbow and "psychedelic" themes, some wild black and white themes (Magpie and Op Art), as well as a few monochromatic themes (India Ink and Pop Sticks). The new Themes tab displays all the themes and allows you to choose one for the current Tree. The Arboreturm remembers the themes of newly added trees. Geom-e-Tree also includes all the themes from our new version of Geom-e-Twee!
In mathematics, a fractal is is geometric shape that is split into parts, each of which is a smaller copy of the whole. This app is great twist on that idea and it's fun to watch your trees grow. They even snuck in some famous fractals! Even my 11 month old daughter enjoys this app - she stared at it in awe of the colorful trees growing.
Geom-e-Tree is available on the iPhone and iPad for $2.99. The junior app, Geom-e-Twee is available on the iPhone and iPad for free for a short time.
Screenshots and video after the break.
[Geom-e-Tree - iTunes link] [Geom-e-Twee - iTunes link]
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.