Handwriting recognition by way of PhatPad and form filling by way of PDF Expert are two great productivity boons to hit the iPad this week.
PhatPad by PhatWare is the iPhone version of their PhatNotes app and brings with it a ton of functionality:
- Type or scribble notes using a smooth-flowing digital ink technology.
- Combine drawing, handwritten text, images, and digital text on the same document page to create media-rich content.
- Convert handwritten notes into text with PhatPad’s powerful handwriting recognition software.
- Synchronize PhatPad documents with the desktop computer via iTunes or Dropbox.
- Share documents between two or more devices on a local WiFi network, or email them to anyone from within PhatPad.
- Send documents to a printer on your wireless network via AirPrint.
- Export PhatPad documents as a PDF.
- Use standard editing commands such as Undo, Redo, Cut, Copy, and Paste.
[$4.99 - iTunes link]
PDF Expert by Readdle for iPad has been updated to not only let you annotate PDFs but also:
- Fill PDF forms! PDF Expert allows you to fill PDF Forms with full compliance with PDF specification. Text fields, radio buttons, dropdown lists and calculated fields are supported, as well as many other fileds.
- Two-Way Sync with Dropbox, iDisk, other storages. Sync your Dropbox folder to local directory. Changes made on the either side can be synced back via one tap.
[$9.99 - iTunes link]
Video and screenshots after the break. If you try either of them out, let us know how they work for you!