Siri is the name of Apple's personal digital assistant. It's basically voice control that talks back to you, that understands relationships and context, and with a personality straight out of Pixar. Ask Siri questions, or ask Siri to do things for you, just like you would ask a real assistant, and Siri will help keep you connected, informed, in the right place, and on time. You can even use Siri's built in Dictation feature to enter text almost everywhere by simply using your voice.
Siri and Dictation are online services, which mean they need a network connection (Wi-Fi or 3G/4G) to work. Siri is also still in beta, so not all features are available in all places or all languages yet. However, with iOS 6, Apple has added even more functionality to Siri, including support for the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5, iPad 4, iPad 3, and iPad mini.
Bookmark this guide, share the link with family and friends, and check back for updates!
- How to find places on the map and get turn-by-turn directions using Siri
- How to search the web, get answers, and find restaurants using Siri
- How to find movie locations, showtimes, reviews, ratings, and trailers using Siri
- How to look up sports scores and schedules, team rosters, and player stats using Siri
- How to find restaurants, read reviews, and make reservations using Siri
- How to open apps using Siri
- How to shop for Apple products using Siri