Skype for iPad has just hit the App Store!
Bring your Skype contacts closer with full screen video at your fingertips.
Beautiful and simple, this is Skype built especially for the iPad. Call, video call, or instant message anyone on Skype. Plus, if you add a little Skype Credit, call landlines and mobiles at really low rates.
- Join Skype on your iPad in a few moments or just sign straight in to your account.
- If you already have a Skype account, your Skype contacts will automatically be there on your iPad.
- We’ve made adding new Skype contacts really easy.
- Once they’re in your Contact list, call, video or instant message them in one touch.
- Flick through recent calls and instant messages in your Skype for iPad history.
- Skype for iPad works over Wi-Fi or 3G (operator data charges may apply). Call Skype contacts on their iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, PC, Mac and even Skype enabled TVs.
- Talk face-to-face or show what you’re seeing with front and back-facing cameras.
- Use Skype for iPad to call anyone else on Skype – and enjoy near CD quality (SILK) sound.
- Instant message and add emoticons to personalize your messages.
Skype for iPad has been long anticipated and is compatible on both the iPad and iPad 2. Now go grab it and let us know if it was worth the wait!
Skype for iPad is available for free. Screenshots after the break.
UPDATE 1: Skype has removed their iPad app from the App Store and sent out the following tweets:
To ensure your best Skype experience, we've temporarily removed Skype for iPad which went live prematurely today.
We know you've been eagerly awaiting Skype for iPad and apologize for the inconvenience.
UPDATE 2: It's back up! Go get it!
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.